Based in Carbondale, Colorado, P4P Energy was founded in 2010 by Steven Conger and Mary Catherine Conger. For Steven, an architect and protégé of Buckminster Fuller, the creation of P4P aligned with the mission “Bucky” granted him, “to build structures that support humanity.”
Steven formed P4P to realize his innovation of highly-efficient tensile structure design applied to solar PV at a global scale. From the beginning, Steven recognized that tensile solar structures inherently create a number of advantages over traditional, rigid, solar racking designs, including:
- Tensile systems have a higher strength-to-weight ratio thus require less steel for the same strength
- Tensile structure design is extremely versatile thus can be applied to a nearly unlimited array of applications
- Because tensile structures are adept at spanning distances, new applications that were previously impractical and cost-prohibitive become viable
- Tensile design enables the innovation of solar shade structures that create additional valuable attributes, including evaporation mitigation, surface temperature reduction and UV protection
- Tensile structures create visual appeal not typically associated with traditional solar installations
Today P4P is a product-focused company offering the solar market new, cost-effective and attractive panel suspension solutions. P4P’s current product line includes tensile solar products for over-parking, over-water and tough ground-mount applications.